Monday, February 4, 2008

Day 34

The first Cheque I issue in my entire life.
£1252.40 (4 mths of rent) .
Finally, its one load off my mind for the time being

The sun is setting later.
Took this picture at 1700hrs.
3 weeks ago, I took the same picture at the same place at the same time
and it was much more darker. You can compare it with 'Day 6'

The first cat I saw in London on my way home

When I took a closer look at it.. I realise it was fake... But it looks super cute la!

And it was grocery day for me again. Today's expenses £5.46

One of the fridge broke down last night. My Brocooli rotted till it turned
into a Cauliflower.

This is Chris, staying 2 doors away from me, from Germany (Check out his T-shirt, same as somebody hor?)
While I was cooking my dinner, he was busy frying lots and lots of pancake.
I thought he was selling it or what... and he told me
'Its pancake day tomorrow!!!'

And I was like... 'Whats that??'

'In the UK, Ireland, and Australia, Pancake Day (or Shrove Tuesday) is the 1st Tuesday in February. It is between Shrove Monday and Ash Wednesday (the beginning of Lent), and is similar to the celebration of Mardi Gras, which celebrates the beginning of Lent. It is thought that pancakes are associated to this celebration because of the solar symbolism of their shape and color. Traditionally, these countries celebrate Shrove Tuesday by eating pancakes, and thus Pancake Day.'

If you don't understand what I'm writing here, its okay.. because I also don't understand. But you might want to check it out at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrove_Tuesday


Hmmm... So maybe thats why Every tuesday is a Waffle day at Gelare!!!

1 comment:

fishcake said...

Angus, i hope you followed the sample at the front of the cheque book. if im not wrong u have to cross out the word "bearer" in the cheque and also draw two strokes across the top left hand corner of the cheque. i don't see that in your picture!!