Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 55

There was an Islam exhibition in school today.
And our Band's name was being featured... but not the way we wanted it..

Messenger of Allah???

Messenger of Jesus Christ












My lunch box (Containing Mushroom soup glass noodles) leaked out, wet and stained my whole bag. Guess the coconut trees were sway-ing from left to right today.

Met Charity over lunch and we went to Shop for Gordon's Birthday present. We shall reveal what we bought him in the next post!

Looking like a stuffed Penguin with my Windbreaker.

In the shop, while I was queueing up, someone came over to me and asked me
'Hello, are you Sergeant Angus?' Boy was I shocked! I thought S.A.F sent spies to arrest me for whatever reasons.

And how Punk'd is that? Meeting my recruit in the streets of UK.
Wei Chao and I.Well, we're all civilians now. Carry on 20 please.

Explored the Geography department restricted areas today after the lecture. No wonder the UCL Geog department is so well known. They really have the solid facilities that many Universities do not have.


Tried taking a picture through my room peep-hole today when I heard some noises outside. Peggy and Amandine in conversation. Man, Peeping tom.


Over dinner tonight, I loaded 'I not stupid 2' and watched it on Crunchyroll.com
Listening to the familiar Singaporean 'Lingo-s' 'Hokkien' and watching the setting make me miss home so so much. For a moment, I felt I was lost in that space and back in Singapore. It was till I stood up and go for a 'Pee' break that I realised
'Hey Angus, you're in England.'

It was the first time I watch the film, and it was fantastic. Never failed to make me Lau Pak Sai. It triggered me to some thoughts as well.

1. It reminded and anchored deep in me once again the 'Calling' from God into the
teaching industry. The satisfaction in making a difference in the lives of
students. Touching lives, changing hearts.

I'm not a teacher as yet and might not understand the tremendous work stress that a teacher goes through. But for those of you out there, Candice, Pei Shan or who all who are to come, I pray that the satisfaction and fulfillment in touching these little lives will overpower, and more than offset your crazy schedules, mountain heavy workloads, unreasonable expecatations from your department and heart pain grieves from students. Whether you are liking it (riding on the clouds) or not (Struggling to keep afloat) , you are placed there for a time such as this, divinely planned and fashioned by God, and no one could replace you to do a better job.

2. There was this part that the 'little boy' in the film was chosen to play the lead
role in a school play. He wanted so much for his parents to be there to watch
him but due to their busy work schedules, they could not confirm their
attendance. As the tickets to the play were running out, the little boy starved
over lunch and even stole money to save enough to purchase the tickets.
When the parents found out about the theft. They reprimanded him, beat him and
asked him 'Why did you choose to steal? Are Pokemon cards that important to you?'
The boy replied 'I just wanted to use that money to buy 1-hr of your time for you
to come watch me in the school play.'

My heart broke at that point. Jesus gave his son, so that I could have that relationship with him, so that I could spend that time with him. But so often, I was too bothered with my own agendas that I could not 'confirm my attendance.'

No comments: