Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day 50

Corn flakes from my SQ flight when I first flew to London. Going to expire soon, better clear.

Kellie won an I-phone in Church party last weekend.
She exchange the I-phone for 229 pounds and decided to jio me out to Chia me eat Korean food today. Steady lah.


This picture is faded to 'Black and White' because she complained she look very pale.

The food was good man! A truly authentic Korean Restaurant, not those lup sup imitation kind ok! Janelle want to cry already...

To satisfy the Old man, I visited the...
British Museum!! (Just 5min away from UCL)

The 'Life through Death' exhibition. Medicine, tablet, drugs..



I remember having all these as 'rice and water' as a little boy suffering from severe Asthma attacks. I was hospitalised almost every winter in HongKong.But Thank God for his miraculous healing, I can breathe effortlessly in the freezing cold on the streets of London now! No more needles and In-Hailer

The Main Hall




Korean culture Museum (Janelle Lao Pak Sai-s)



Shot delicated to Hailer Chong

I like this one

Eygptian Museum




Very Nice Library



I have been there, done that Old man!




Kellie then brought me to the MOST 'ATAS' (Often referred to as High class, expensive in Malay) departmental mall in UK. 'Harrods'


I got a shock of my life when I saw the price tag of the things sold inside. Can see, cannot touch, can't even smell! When we first walked in, there was the doorman who pulled the door for us, staff that stand by to greet you.
I wanted to snap pictures of the very luxurious, high class interior design but was too intimidated by the vast number of Harrods staff fixing their eyes on wherever you walk.

When we approach the sign 'Luxury toilets.' I told Kellie, 'Perhaps I could snap some pics of the toilet.' And she replied 'There are staff inside the toilet that serve you hand soap, hand towel and perfume.'
Ok better not... This kind of place is only for Prince Edward aka Ah Boon.

Nevertheless, we still pluck up our courage to steal a few shots.

Kellie's fantasy world


Shots delicated to SPY Lau. I remember sitting in his 'Mark X' hearing him exclaim on the road 'WAH... Maserati!'


Shots delicated to Bunny Chin. You wish it was pink don't you?

Not forgetting the Car fanatics. Horng Ye, Alex Cruise


Ice-cream celebration from Macs
The soft ice-cream here is more creamier, tastier! And the cone is more biscuity.



The Old man I missed

1900hrs

I attended the Aids fund raising gig by Gang wei @ King's College Chapel.


The performers




En qi singing a set of 2 songs.

Familiar songs like 'High and dry' 'Chasing cars' were played. Brought me many sweet memories of our gigs back in Singapore. Felt super Seth-ish, yet at the same time, the feeling of lonliness overwhelmed me once again.

I attended the event alone. And as I looked around from where I was sitting, I see familiar faces from school, from OCF. They seem pretty much enjoying themselves in their own cliques. Attempted to take the initiative to talk to some of them during the intermission, but what lies beneath their 'outward smile' seem to be mere expressions from the skin.

I have been rather drained lately in having to take the initiative to get to know people when I'm in a 'new environment.' And it appears to me in most occasions, I needed to take a multiple of 10 steps before others take a step towards me.

But I know my best friend takes a 1000 steps towards me when I make that 1 step towards him. Thank You Jesus.

No comments: