Saturday, February 16, 2008

Day 46

First thing in the morning, even before I had the chance to brush my teeth, Camy called me on Skype and said

'Angus, your mum ask you to suspend your singtel line immediately, your phone bill is $600!'

I was shocked! I didn't use much on the Singtel line except calling OCBC banks to settle the transactions. I got Camy to call Singtel up to ask for the break down of the bill.

The bulk of it goes to the Local(UK) servers here.
True enough, in black and white, there was no way out. I have to pay the $600.
It hurt so so much.

I was supposed to meet Ivis and Melissa. (My Nus friends)
But after receiving the devastating news, I had no mood to get out of the house anymore. But I still did eventually, knowing that brooding over it doesn't help.

On my walk to meet them, I had this crazy thought. How good it will be if by some miraculous magical thing, I'm pardoned off the $600. Or maybe I would be so lucky to pick up $600 on the floor. BUT the thing is, I don't deserve it. It is in black and white, I am liable to pay for the services because I have consumed the service. No one should take my place to pay that amount.

As I thought of this, it reminded me of God's GRACE. We have done the 'stuff' and we have to pay for the 'stuff' we did, we consumed. And the payment is Death. We don't deserve someone to pay on our behalf, but yet someone else did. I was just so thrown off the chair by this revelation.

Romans 5:8 'In that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.'
I have to pay for my own actions and face the consequences. But yet God chose to face the consequences and pay on my behalf. What have I done to deserve love like this? Nothing.

I was once again intrigued by the song that En Qi sang last night.

'There's no greater love than this, there's no greater love than this
that a man would give his life, for a friend
There's no higher sacrifice, than a man who gave his life,
You have paid the highest price, for me.'


I pray that you will experience that same encounter that I had. Even when you don't deserve to be pardoned, you are, simply because HE loves you.

So I was off to Portobello Market. Boy it was so packed!



It's an open air market selling clothes, 2nd hand stuff, and their speciality are Vintage bags, accessories and antiques.







I belief very much that people like Eleta, TY, Ah san, Daniel Lee, Dad will love love love love the place because they sell such lovely old school stuff.

The street food were amazing as well. 3 of us bought a different type of Germany Chicken burger each. Yummy!



Later on, we saw this BIG wok of food, we were so fascinated that we spent 6 pounds on the seafood rice.


Shiokanathans

That word looks familar eh"


Shots delicated to Fishy Boey


And How could I forget MR Edward

These are not Esctasy pills. You are suppose to fill your bathtub with water. Drop the pill and a redox reaction will occur and your bath water will smell nice. Sounds like those pills you drop in your water when you get sore-throat. Interesting.

Flowers so nice. What a time is Spring?



Anyone can tell me who is this George Orwell guy?


Shots delicated to Charmaine. Its a 'Secret'


At 2148hrs, I received a call from Kellie, she sounded all excited as if she was high on Redbull.

The first thing she said was 'Angus! I want to Thank God!!! I got an Apple i-phone in a lucky draw!'

Kellie is really blessed. Her bank account had a few hundred pounds that disappeared mysteriously in the past few days but look how God has blessed her as she trusted and prayed. I shared with her my misfortune regarding my $600. She said 'Trust and pray.' I will take her word for it and see what God throws me this time, maybe an Apple Mac book?

At 2230hrs Benny and her brother Ichirono (Italians) came to my room and we had a good time sharing with each other youtube videos as well as talk about our different cultures back home. Benny has a beautiful voice. She sounded like an exact replica of Cranberries.

No comments: