Friday, February 8, 2008

Day 38

First thing I woke up, Cheong down to return the overdue Vacuum cleaner.
'Shun Bian' check my pigeon hole and saw a Parcel that was for me! Steady la...
Chey... it was Hailer Chong's formal shirt that he bought online in UK. Charles Tyrwhitt leh... Mai Siao Siao! (Actually I never heard the brand before)

Ok, so here are the shots for you Hailer. Just see only, cannot shout.



An notice at the entrance of our floor in hall.

I decided to play arty farty and joined Kelly and her friend Rachel (Both textile majors in Central St Martins arts university) to visit the 'National Gallery' A place where many famous famous paintings are exhibited. It's kind of cool to witness before my eyes many paintings by the famous artist 'Vincnt Van Gogh.' Like his famous sunflower painting. (Man I feel so refined and class, so unlike the lup sup me)

For me, I took approximately 5 minutes to finish each gallery. But... Kellie and Rachel were still staring at the same picture when I started.. So I went over to Kellie and ask her 'What do you see in the paintings?'

She replied 'Look at the strokes, the different distinct colour shades, the colours the artist chose to mix, select and look at the reflections, its not easy you know?'
Man... no wonder I'm not an artist. Perhaps I can't appreciate the piece of art as much as they do. But its sure interesting to learn something new about how these 'art' people see things.

Kind of reminds me of how we as human beings, sometimes we go through each day just like that, missing out on GOD. But its until we choose to intentionally look into the little details that we realise 'yes God, you were there at that instance, but i did not catch you.'

Kellie, Rachel and I outside the National Gallery



We then headed to 'National Portrait Gallery' where we attended a photo exhibition. Man I believe you guys like Eleta, Hailer, Keng san, Joshuas would love love love it.
The photographs taken was just... Powerpack


Some people just sat on the floor, or take a stool and sit down, and started taking out their drawing block and starting drawing down the pictures. So cool la.


My first Jewish friend, Rachel Kellie calls her the peacock princess because of her colourful dressing and make up. Somehow I think she looks abit like MJT hor?

Misc shots


Joined the Overseas Christian Fellowship for a CNY dinner tonight. Bought 2 big bags of snacks and a cheesecake along.

Shamguo goes International



Tamara (My OCF group leader/host for the evening) Interesting, we use the rice cooker to cook the steamboat!






This is a JOY! Bak Gua!!!

Just look at the smile on those faces

And we celebrated Angela's birthday. UCL Law (M.A) student.



This is Tamara's alarm clock. Its super interesting! When the alarm rings, the top part (The propellor) will fly away. And the alarm clock will only stop ringing when you find the propellor and put it back in its original position. Mr Tay, Hailer Chong, I think you need one very badly.

And its time for some..... High





Nah, its not what you think it is!
Tamara is a medicine student and Sam has generously offered his body for her to practice her needle poking skills.
Sam, Endure




On my way home, I realise they have brought the Chinese Lanterns into Oxford street. How nice!




Somehow, hanging Chinese Lanterns beside an Ang Mo looking building just looks wrong



And thanks to Kellie for supplying me with so much good stuff.

2 x Joyce Meyer CD sermon
1 x Pokky sticks
3 x Koka instant noodles
3 x Bak Ku Teh spices
21 x Chrysanthemen tea packets (You think I going to war ah?)

Lastly, thanks to people who trespassed into YCK chalet and play blackjack with my mother. I hope you had a great time. Man, we should have played over the webcam!

1 comment:

Kellie is my Name said...

Wah! i didnt even realize its 21 packets! HAHAHAAH!