Friday, February 1, 2008

Day 31

I forgot to charge my Camera Batt today. Sorry to bore you with just words today!

Went for my rounds around Hyde park. (This time w/o a camera)
I told myself I'll just do 2 rounds, but when I finally finished the 2 rounds and was at the traffic light to return back to hall, I felt that there was this momentum and I din wanna waste it, anyway, 3 is a nice number right? and so I went for it.

Visited 'The Esther Church' conference by Emmanuel Centre this evening.
The whole topic is about 'Being a blessing to Israel and loving the Jews'

Why?

1. The Jewish people are God's chosen people.
2. God blesses those who bless Israel and curses those who curse Israel.
3. The Nation of Israel is the apple of God's eye.
4. God will not break his covenant with Israel.
5. God is restoring the Jewish people back to the promised land.
6. They shall dwell in the land never to be uprooted again

So its not JUST about living a good Christian life, having a good fellowship, pat your butt and go home. If you ask GOD today what's upon his heart, one of his answers will be 'Israel'

The pastor mentioned alot on current affairs regarding what other countries tried to do to Israel and related it back to what the scriptures say about 'these actions.'

Also he told stories of the fears, struggles, sufferings that the Jews went through as a result of the actions of some Christians during the Holocaust, and because of these hurts and rejection, some of them refuse to receive the good news.

It sparked off a little flame to find out more on the history of Israel and the Jews.

I regret sleeping and not paying attention in my G.P lessons back in my JC days. There was even one big lesson on Israel history! Tsk tsk... young punk.

A Jewish lady also shared her salvation story and even presented a song in the Hebrew language. We ended the conference praying for Israel. Everyone was just so engaged and intensive in prayer. An annointed meeting.

When I was walking back home, I saw many beggars and homeless people on the streets.
Usually, I'll think to myself 'If you have hands and legs, why don't you just go and get a job and help yourself?' And then I'll just walk off. But today I saw this small, frail and feeble african american guy wrapped around his sleeping bag in the cold. I walked passed him at first, but the sermon that Ps Eugene preached came back to me. 'Your heart hardens everytime you ignore someone's need in front of your eyes.' I walked back and put a pound on his palm. 'God let not my heart by harden.'

No comments: