Thursday, January 31, 2008

Day 30

For my Sociolingustics tutorial ...
My Whole class PONTANG!!! - 'skip their class'
And so it became a 1-1 private tuition for me

The tutorial was super duper interesting!! but I catch no ball..
Not because I'm lazy, didn't study or what... but there's no way I could.

I was given the UK map...
and the teacher played audio tracks of different British people talking.

I'm suppose to catch their accent, guess and write down where I think they are from.
Is it Ireland? Bristol? Belfast? Liverpool? Glasgow? Edinburgh?

Maybe if this module is in the context of Singapore, I can map the different speakers on 'Ang Mo kio' 'Bishan' 'Bukit timah' 'Tampines'???
That would be quite fun eh?

So half the time, my lecturer was just playing the tape, look at me 'looking super lost and helpless' and then gave me the answers.. But suprisingly I enjoyed the 1-1 lesson.

Shot delicated to Charlie bird.
Rest well and get well soon yah?

Dinner.. 2nd attempt in cooking campbell soup..
For the first attempt, my soup exploded and everything was gone.
But today..
Ta da!!!

Mushroom soup with beef(Expired) + fish(Expired) + mushrooms + Brocooli + Cauliflower

Although the meat was pass the date. But it still looks and taste fresh. Thanks to the Marks and Spencer Santa!

No comments: