Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Day15

The weather does make a whole lot of difference to the mood. I can see the sun… I can see the sun with love… (Ho Yeow Sun)

And the sun in London is always gentle… so its like sunset kind of setting in Singapore, plus you on your air-con at 5 degree Celsius… or just imagine the weather and lighting in ‘Bu Neng Shuo De Mimi’

So its Wednesday, my free day! Wanted to get my banking stuff settled once and for all. Well the banks are all below my hall, because I’m located at ‘Orchard Road’ ok!

And along the small alleys of the busy oxford street, there’s really a orchard road a few steps away from my hall!

Natwest bank rejected my application for the 3rd time. This time round, they say they needed to see proof that I pay utilities bill/ telephone bill/ tax to the British government and the bill must show my address of residence… How the heck can I show that? I don’t pay bills to the British government!

I headed to HSBC on the next road, their service was super good! Although the queue at the information was dragon (oOps) long, the staff that sat inside the private office came out to help relief the congestion. However, the only account they could offer me is a 12-mth contract which requires me to pay 6 pounds/mth! 6 pounds x 6 mths = 36 pounds!
With that amount of money I could:

1. Eat 10 KFC meals
2. Buy 90 Kit kat chocolate
3. Activate internet connection in my room right away

Next I went to Citibank.. the front desk said ‘You need to make an appointment with our staff, would 3 o clock tomorrow be good for you?’ I said its ok and left the bank.

Walked down 2 more streets and entered into Barclays bank. The student adviser was very helpful and introduced me to many accounts that sounded impressive. I felt so bad telling her ‘NO’ and that I just want the current account that I can open for free… So Singaporean can…

‘This account covers your medical expenses, belongings insurance…’

‘I’m sorry I don’t need that’

‘This account insures your gadgets like your laptop, i-pod, handphone…’

‘No I don’t think I need that..’

‘What about this account that insures you of your bicycle????’

‘I just need an account that I can open for free…’

Man.. I felt so pai seh!

And so I successfully opened a Barclays bank account! Yay!

On my way back home to fix lunch, popped in Clarks that read ‘Clearance sale from 10 pounds’ I hurried in and after circling round and round… I asked myself… ‘Why is Clarks only selling Woman’s shoes…???!?’ I turned and look around…Chey…

The Shoes are super nice, and look super durable too. But those that are nice are all not of my size.. Sad

As I walk out of the shot… I saw this..
I was about to go up to the lady and say ‘Eh Siao eh… Here not Singapore hor.’

Yes Zara 50% sale

Not long after the lunch… the sun set..
A view from my room

Later in the evening, Gordon, Kai Xin and I went shopping down Oxford street. Wanted to get a long coat… those that look like what Constantine wears. Since it’s the clearance sale, I better take advantage of it!!

Gordon Holmes with his detective outfit

Kai Xin looks really ‘Kai Xin’ trying on stuff

My new Buddy Mr Bones

And of course, I met Edward along the way again

I did not manage to get a Constantine coat. They are either too expensive, or the design not Constantine enough.. BUT, I manage to get some comfort for myself!

M and S New York Cheese cake for 1.50 pounds!!!
And it taste super good. Even better than those New York Cheese cakes in many cafes

Had a movie marathon in the night after dinner. 2 movies within 4 hours.

Movie 1: Bad education
Main highlight: The movie is all about gays

Movie 2: The others
Main highlight: Nicole Kidman
Old woman, little children to scare the hell out of you
Still scare the hell out of you

Total expenditure for the day: 1.50 pounds

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you very budget ha ha ha.