Saturday, January 26, 2008

Day 25

Woke up on a saturday morning
No schedules, no appointments, no activities
One word. BORING

Will you put your hand beside mine?
Its easy for us to go to church, get hyped up and sing things like
'Jesus you're my Best Friend'
But honestly, I realise I couldn't sing that.
If I could, why would this little feeling of being 'alone' bother?
Isn't my best friend with me?

My saturdays back home are packed with appointments, activities, and stuff to do.
Friends became my 'best' friend
Music became my 'best' friend
My family became my 'best' friend
Our settlers, prawning, timbre-ing became my 'best' friend

And for me to sing 'Jesus you're my best friend'
I find it so so hard to mouth those words.

But I pray that this journey of being 'Alone' from my 'best friends'
will make Jesus my bestest friend.

I'm only awake for 2hrs before the sun started setting at 1600hrs
The beauty of Britain's sky never fails to amaze me

Decided to visit Aunty Irene in the evening.
Bought some CHEESECAKEs from Marks and Spencer and took the tube down to my 'Home'
It really felt abit like returning 'home' though! Sweet.

I haven't had such a nice warm dinner ever since I left.
Had Chicken Rice.. Spicy meat balls.. Brocoli and Cauliflower.. and Chawamushi!
So much better than my pathetic little Spagetti pasta.
I was so full, felt as if I ate a Cow.

Had a great 'family' time.
Was sharing with them my little 'stories' from Hall.
And they had their share of story telling about their Hall life back in the 1970s.

After dinner, we had little Venice to perform and sing for us!









Look what Aunty Irene gave me

#1 7 Mac donald Coupons! 'Buy one Big Mac get one free at 1.99 pounds'
#2 A 'take away' consisting of what we had for dinner,
for me to eat when I'm hungry at home.

Lau Pak Sai.

And someone send me this when I came online.
Well, not bad huh the drawing?

And so I posed the 'real thing' for comparison

No comments: