Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Day14- Gloomy day

It rained throughout in London today.
Felt so cold while I was walking to and back from school.

An ABC guy from Boston joined in the linguistics class today.
He, like me had no background in semantics and pragmatics,
which is a big comfort to me. We can struggle and drown together, or maybe help each other if its possible...

Linguistics class is so interesting... not because of the lecturer or the content.
In fact the Lecturer could not teach for nuts... she was trembling and look as if she was in despair when people raised questions.

The most interesting thing was.. I have coursemates that are like... 50.. 60+ years old!!! Interesting right? And because the lecturer was so bad at her teaching and explanation, One of the 50+ year old woman exclaimed loudly at the end of the lesson
'I'm just totally lost and I'm not even going to care about it.'

During my lunch break, I went on my 2nd attempt to set up my bank account..
Once again, they say my documents are incomplete and ask me to request for a letter from the school. Walked back to school and I walk from one office to another because they kept directing me to the next office which they 'think' could do it for me.

Intl student office ---> Student finance office ---> Registry office---> Student records. What the heck? You mean they don't even know what each department can/ cannot do?

When I finally get to the bank, the information counter queue was so long and so slow that I had to leave my queue after 25minutes of wait because my lesson was about to start...

It was really times like that that i appreciate the administrative efficiency in Sngapore. Its just super cocked up here.. the Admin... The tube delays several times a day... How often do we encounter MRT break downs in Singapore?

Ok... enough of this disgusting stuff
Time for MORE disgusting stuff.

My self-packed lunch
Sandwhich and Potatoes (Sophie's comfort food)

In the sandwhich: Wholemean bread, round cabbage, ham, cheddar cheese

On my way home in the cold,
dropped by saintsbury super market to do some further grocery shopping


Peanut butter, pepper, white cream pasta sauce, 8 sausages, 15 eggs= 5.94 pounds

After dinner, Kai xin, Gordon and I chatted in the Kitchen from 8pm- 11pm...
3hrs flew by so fast... and everyone who came into the Kitchen was shocked by what they saw... 3 persons dress in short sleeves tees and shorts... Uniquely Singaporean.

My Oyster card 'London's EZ-link' is finally here.
Now i can travel on the tube and bus with 30% discount.
Thanks to summer who helped me applied using her credit card!

No comments: