Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 23

All my UK bank documents finally arrived today.
Now the only thing left is to wait for my
funds to be transferred over to this account from OCBC (Spore) :)

First time in my life I got a cheque book of my own...
Wah..

I enjoy the thursday classes the most so far.
International Migration taught by Colonel Sandlers as well as
Socialinguistics tutorial.

In the tutorial today, we did something pretty interesting.
Our tutor made us do an online survey on the words we choose to use.

For example...
1.What do you call the dry flakes that surround your eyes when you wake up?

a) Eye dust
b) Eye flakes
c) Eye Shit

2. What do you call rain when the sun is shining brightly in the sky

a) Sunshine rain
b) Wedding's horror
c) The devil is urinating

If you're interested in doing the test, it can be found at URL
http://www.ling.cam.ac.uk/survey/

Pictures along the way home. The sunset was beautiful

And I so love the sky blue

When the streets have no name

I drop by the post office to mail back my OCBC documents.
30p for an envelop and 45p for the stamp!
75p = $2.25 SGD.... quite reasonable la

I took a different route today through an alley of pubs and shops.
And came across some interesting boutiques

Mooo....

This fountain reminds me of the one in Bugis Junction,
And Joshua Chong 'cleverly' stand in the centre to get himself wet.

Walked past GAP and decided to take a look.
Went down to the kids section to see if got clothes that are my size
'Ang Mo kids bigger in size mah...'
And there I saw something that look like what Charmaine and Camy had in their wardrobe..

Had a great time skyping with TY earlier on. His Macbook video is so clear!

And he was like updating me about the current happenings in Singapore..

1. Singapore is in to bid for the Youth Olympics and fighting with Moscow
2. The Mrt had delays along Tanah Merah -- Pasir ris and inconvenience 60 000 ppl
during peak hours...


and TY was like 'Once a while log in channelnews asia website to get yourself updated lah...'

and I went 'Channelnews asia is Singapore one meh?'

and he went... 'You are a Geography teacher leh...'

Ohhh.... Yeah.. I am.. sad to say one that doesn't keep up to current affairs
and so I went to dig out today's newspaper that I collected on the streets
by the 2 competing 'Free' newspaper company.Open it up, hoping to gain some knowledge... and it was FULL of celebrity gossips..

Lastly, Dad, thanks for your msn message earlier on. Its cool to know that I have your support in where I am and that you choose to trust me. Means alot to me!

No comments: