Saturday, January 12, 2008

Day 11 God has a sense of humour

I want to start this post by saying that God is Amazing, humerous and beyond our own understanding. In moving out of my comfort zone of shifting out of the wonderful homestay, I was too shocked and suprised to see the first fruits as a result of the step of faith I took. And this fruit is a BIG BIG ONE...

The night before I shifted into Goldsmith house.
I illegally sneaked into the vacinity by 'Tong-banging' someone's key card.
And that person is Gordon.

When I finally decided to shift into Goldsmith house, I was offered the 3rd floor. I rejected the offer because it was too old, but accepted the room on the 4th floor. Gordon stays on the 4th floor, a few doors away from me.

And here is the BIG suprise.
Gordon is from FCBC and from the same tribe as me!!!!!!
I.e We're from the same church and even from the same network under the same Pastor!
I was told to look out for Joseph and Gordon in UCL before I left for London. But somehow I memorise the name 'Ernest' instead of 'Gordon' and Gordon somehow also did not recognise me.

It's really blur cocks of us to live together for 2 days w/o knowing the close 'blood' relationship that we had. It was until Joshua Teo read my previous post that he jumped off his chair and broke the funny news to me. We are really 2 cocksters.

But do pause a second and see how GOD has fashioned for this to happen.
Every single decision that I make matters. If I would have make any changes to any single decision, we might have missed out each other totally.

1. Despite of the comfort at homestay, I decided to throw myself to die by shifting
out. Probabilty= 1/2
2. Out of 30+ accomodations by UCL, I chose Goldsmith house. Probability= 1/30
3. Out of 2 storeys that was offered to me in the building, I chose level 4
Probability= 1/2

P= 1/2 x 1/30 x 1/2 = 1/120

Out of the 120 cards, I chose that one card that GOD designed to fit into his plans. I can only say that all my footsteps, decisions was guided by the caring hands of GOD who watched over me day and night.

Isn't that amazing!!? Friends who are reading this post who have yet to know this GOD, I want to submit to you that, you can very much be in this little story of mine. Let Jesus into your life and allow him to take you through this exciting journey. This journey will not be free of troubles and problems, because the world we live in is imperfect. But he promise that he'll never leave you nor forsake you. And he promise that he'll be by your side to take you through thick and thin. Situations fail us all the time, our friends disappoint us, those we love hurt us unintentionally, but Jesus never makes any mistakes, and he never fails. So yupz, just my little sharing with you!

And just look at those shock faces of Gordon and mine!

Come on Gordon, thats not convincing enough!!!

I woke up at 1030hrs this morning. Very thankful that the central heating system is so strong. I can sleep and walk around in my short sleeve t-shirts and shorts, thats an ace!

While Gordon and I were still lost in wonder of GOD along the corridor, we ran into the girls in our sector that were all ready for their ladies day out


From left to right: Peggy from Taiwan "Zhengda University" Dad she's in the same
University and course as you! Mass Comm and News Media
Monica from New York, Chinese mix Italian, look abit like Gloria
hor?
Kai Xin from Singapore
Amandine from France, pronounced as 'Ah-mun-dine'

Met Summer for lunch at Chinatown once again. Yay Chinese food!


As I was early, I took a walk around the shops in chinatown
Seth and his skinny ties


This T-shirts are on sale for 12 pounds/piece = SGD$36/piece
I can get them for SGD$15 for the same tee
How much do they cost in Bangkok Eleta?

This reminds me of Sebastian Teo somehow


In reliefint my craving for Teh-Peng... but its far from it..

Somehow I feel that ever since i came to UK, my appetite has been shrinking. I just can't finish the noodles that were before me, well, thats not a bad thing anyway!


After lunch, Summer brought me around central London.
The following shots are dedicated to my father who is a big fan of Scottish bagpipes!


And we came across what TY and Keng San would do in his later years

The National Gallery



I'm such a short fart

Simba or Mustafa?

Ben Oh again


And this is suppose to be the entrance gate of where Queen Elizabeth stays
And with every Royal family thing, the name Edward MUST be present... Duh...

Dark Angel Pong

And we went so far till we hollanded
But thanks to the geographers, we're good at maps!


Can we change the 'D' to a 'T' pleaaasssse???

Yes, pls take in my new car. 66-SHAM

And this logo belongs to Edward. Every furniture, cookie, whatever that has this logo printed is supposedly being used in the Royal family

I'm sure you guys would love this Vintage Car.

While we were shopping at a BIG departmental store, once again! for the 100th time, I saw Seth. So I took at a look at the brand, TOPMAN... Chey.. No Wonder

And we went Marks and Spencer to shop where Summer bought me so many things that made me refuse to come out with her anymore!

1 mug + 1 plate + 1 bowl = 5pounds
Milk + Pasta sauce = 3 pounds

Oh Yes... and she bought me dinner as well..
Summer, if you refuse to let me pay for my own stuff next time, I'm not gonna meet you anymore!!

And before I part, I caught something that will make Candice and Camy shout for help

1 comment:

Eleta said...

it costs SGD$4-5 in bangkok. =D

glad to hear that you're adapting well! God sure has it all planned out for you. ;)