Friday, January 11, 2008

Day 10 Goodbye Sergeant Angus

Today is the lastest I ever slept in in London.
Woke up at 10am to find Rain, London Rain, Not Korea Rain.

I went jogging with Ben Zhang, an American Born Chinese at about 1500hrs.
And this is the first time I ever jog in a winter country. Better get myself geared up for the right attire. So here goes...

1st layer- Grey Spiderman suit

And then you're good to go

Following Ben's pace was no joke. I tried my best to follow him but gave up and went on to my chill out pace. I was panting like mad and felt as if I just enlisted into the army. Boy have I become so unfit!!!!! We took a jog in this place call Hyde park. Its the most most most beautiful park i have ever seen in my life. The grass on both sides are lush green, and the lake has clear waters and a slight mist over it from the distant. I'll take some pictures and show you guys in future. I also saw some dogs running from afar which I first mistook as horse. Because they really run so so so fast! They're galloping like horses. I once thought Cho cho was fast at running, boy was I so very very wrong!

I felt very bad to slow down the progress in Ben's run. But he was very nice and encouraging and even offered advices on breathing techiques. He asked me to breathe through my nose instead of my mouth, because your throat will hurt badly when you breath in the cold air through the mouth.

After returning to hostel, we did 3 sets of 25 push-ups...
Once again, I gave up after 1 and a half sets. He didn't allowed me to quit and made me do Push-ups on my knees... i.e The girl push up... What happened to Sergeant Angus??

My arms were so strained that when I went to bathe later... my arms were vibrating..

After 20 minutes of rest from shower, Ben and I went over to the nearby departmental store to do some grocery shopping.

So yes, this is the ABC and the HKTWSBC- go and guess it yourself

Chicken drumsticks (Super big!!) + Canned Potatoes + Spagetti + Spagetti sauce
All for 2.74 pounds!!! Aunty Irene has taught me well!

I went down for cell group at 7.30pm
It was just down the street, 15 minutes walk from my hall.
Its the cell group that Andrew used to visit when he was hereA BiG blessing! Free dinner before cell!
The very nice ladies who prepared the food

And after cell group, we celebrated someone's birthday. Its good that I'm not in Singapore... if not.... uh huh... somebody is going get hurt real bad


The girl on the left is from Greece. The one on the right, BBC (British Born Chinese)
and the one with the back is a BBI (British Born Indian)- Is there such a term?


The birthday cake, 100% self baked ok!

And this is Susanna, the baker of the cake, it tastes fantastic i tell you, Better than chicken FANtastics.

Lydia, the cell leader, 19yrs old, UCL Economics Major

And this is Evan, he just missed his flight to Spain because he was late for check in and forfeited 140 pounds. But hey he's still smiling!
Born in Brunei, raised up in Malaysia. Don't ya think he look abit like Hossan Leong?

No comments: