Sunday, January 13, 2008

Day12


Oh.. What is that?
Yes, my temporary pedalboard made up of leftover
card board from the bedsheet. Recycle, Reuse, Renew- Geographer

Went over to Kensington temple for worship this morning. Its made up of I think 80% Afican American? So.. its like those Blackmama church we're talking about that play Blackmama music. And the Band is SOOOOOOOOOOOO ZAI!!!!! The Bassist is... woooo
mind blowing! And the vocals too! They sang so so so so beautifully, its like those blackmama CD... Charles and Horng ge you should be here, I believe you'll love it so much loh! Wah, their pitching and blending is just so in Unison! Machiam professional! I think GOD really bless this race alot in this area of gifting.

One BIG Blackmama came up to me halfway during service,
I thought she was about to shake my hand because I'm a new comer..
Then she said 'No Camera! No photos!'
Ooopss..... NEvertheless.. here are some shots that I risk my life away..




Its so great to see Pastor Jo here in London!
Though its only been a week and a half, seeing some
family members from home just bring you so much Joy!
We had a mini SJ tribe FCBC gathering over at Kensington temple today consisting of
Gordon, Joseph and myself, and of course Pastor Jo!<
Pastor catching up with Joseph

We went to this HongKong tea restaurant where
Pastor Jo Chia us lunch. Thank you Pastor JO!

And we had a great time of fellowship, each sharing their little
London experience. And we also had a short time of Bible study with Pastor on
Psalms13. The scripture for FCBCians for the day! Remember your Psalm a day hor!!

Photo shoot time!

Joseph and Charity, also a fellow Singaporean


The 2 Cockanathans

But we're so thankful and blew away by how GOD made this happen

Some random shots on the way back. Gordon went.. 'Liddat also want to take!'

After bidding goodbye with Ps Jo.. sobz sobz..
Joseph and Charity came over to our Hall where we talked for another hour
about My Singapore, My Home... Army... Teaching... All of the above

At 6pm, Ben and I went down Oxford street for a small shopping trip. There are lots of sale going on. Mostly 70% off the listed price. Zara was on 50% off. And because the sale is ending soon, Ben and I decided to just go and take a look. BUT.... never did we expect the shops to close at 6pm on a sunday.


At 7.30pm, I got a knock from my door.
Peggy went 'Amandine made some pastry, get your plate and mug and come over to the common room'- Wowo... hall life is quite happening huh.

So it was actually a French culture back home for Amandine.
For every first sunday of the year, they'll bake this cake called
"Gaddeiit" pronounced as 'Get it', in memory of three kings... something liddat..

Amandine explaining the significance of 'Gaddeiit' to us

She mention that it was her first time baking it. But it really did not taste like a first time. Made up of almond paste. And we ate the pie accompanied with this alcohol thing called 'Cider'


Tonight is also the first night I cook my own dinner.
Here is the progress of the works of Master Chef Angus Sham
Chicken Spagetti. World Best!!!


No Menu, no guidiance. Just plain memory of how my Mum usually does it. And it tasted not bad for a first time ok! Though it looks abit disgusting...

The end product!


I really enjoyed the Spagetti... the chicken tasted quite sucky though
But I'm sure by the time I return to Singapore, I should be able to open a
Angus Spagetti House!

I just received an email from Aunty Irene.
She never fails to make me Lau Pak Sai

' Angus, we didn't see you in church today, were u visiting another church? Lydia mentioned you had gone to her cell so that s good. How has it been staying in the halls of residence. Have u been cooking any food for yourself or just eating out. I have cut out some McDonalds vouchers for you, buy 1 free 1, same as the last one I gave you if you can make use of it, let me know.do pen a few words just to say how u are? Shalom, Irene'

Blessed am I

No comments: