Monday, January 21, 2008

Day 20

After the first lecture, I was famished.
As I have used up all my grocery supplies, I did not prepare lunch for the day.
Went down to the 'Mama shop' in school to check out the prices of the sandwhiches.

1.76 pounds! = SGD$5.28
No way i'm gonna pay $5.28 for a sandwhich!


Went out of school to Tesco supermarket down the road
Found a double deck egg mayo sandwhich for 1.10 pounds = $3.30 SGD
Ok lah.. not that bad!

The geography department's toilet is the best,
man I so love it! Its like so exclusive and privatized...


Catering the 'niche' market like me. Haha

On my way home, went down to Tesco again to get some groceries

Man I think Tesco should just employ me to do their advertisements/posters
Total expenditure: 12.29 pounds

Mayo Craze
1 for $1.69 pounds, 2 for $2.00 pounds...
Which Kuku Singaporean will buy 1???

Gonna make some crab mayo to put inside my sandwhich.
Credits go to fish who gave me the secret receipe back in
secondary school lup sup days

Milk.
Its been so long I think i forgot how it taste like already

And to prevent theft cases again...

After stealing Marks & Spencers' wireless in the common room for 2 weeks,
I have finally arrive at the decision of buying the internet voucher for my room
for the sake of convenience. I get d/c on and off so often and when my battery goes flat, i have to run back to my room..
But on the hind side, my stay at the common room have also opened the door for me to know many international friends, who were chilling away at the common room.

So here it is.. I painfully took out the $36 pounds to pay for the internet connection for 4 months...

And thanks to Marcus! (the german guy) who generously gave me his LAN cable because he has no use for it anymore.
I saved 5 pounds! Can eat like one set of 3 piece chicken meal!

Well, now that I'm connected, I have brought the world to my room!
And lets take a look at the rest of the world

Ah Black from Boston


Betty from Singapore



Dad from Hongkong!!!!


And not to forgetting his colleague who was trying to fix his mic for him. I don't know who you are, what your name is, But thanks so much yeah. Maybe I'll get you some Sisha when I come to HongKong haha..

But ultimately, Man, thank God for Technology. Just at a touch, I'm able to connect with people across borders, oceans and continents. I have brought the world to my room (Sham 2008)- Citation

No comments: