Saturday, January 5, 2008

Day 4

This is me sitting on my bed, with blanket all around me,
expecting a boring saturday... what the heck.. saturday is suppose to be pack
with activities, visiting timbre... settlers... whatever...
BUT...
Just as these thoughts flood my mind, an sms came in as a BIG suprise
'Hello Angus, Shall we meet at the school gate between 11-12 to look for a job together? What time will you reach, is it ok for you?'- Martin
So off I went with Martin to job hunting for the day. We went to sign up at starbucks and we got hungry. I suggested eating KFC, but Martin invited me over to his hall where he prepared very nice pasta and soup for me. Although he claim that he was inexperience and kept apologizing for being a NOob, the pasta and soup turn out to be very very nice! All the way from Czech Republic ok!

Pasta and Soup from Czech Republic

Martin The Rising Chef of Czech Republic

Boy is he tall
Progress at a glance
All ready to eat
Tested and proven thumbs up by our Asian tongue
When i finally arrive home during dinner time, Aunty Irene's brother's family came over for dinner. She cooked 2 big pots of Kway Teow tonight. Beef Kway Teow and Chicken Kway Teow. And I can agree with 10 thumbs with Andrew who warned me of their fabulous cooking skills. Finger swallowing good! As they're Malaysian Cantonese, the whole table was filled with cantonese communications. The kids were superb, Scott who is 10yrs old and Venice who is 5. They speak like local Ang-Mo in English and a Hongkonger when in Cantonese, mind-blowing sial. And they are so polite! When the parents scoop the food for them, they go 'Thank you mummy, or thank you Daddy.' So unlike kids in Hougang primary.... or should I say Singapore?

No comments: