Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day 7, Decisions, decisions decisions

So sorry guys, no pictures to entertain you today.
I left my camera at home and used my Handphone to take pictures today.
But it seems like I need a program to transfer the files from my mobile phone to the com… and of coz.. the file is in Singapore lah…
But to keep you guys entertained, lets look at some of the pictures we took at countdown party.

This terrorist looks he's first day on the job, blur like a kuku recruit

Cow-boy Chong and Counterstrike

Camy! Since when you started modelling for music school!!!?

I was offered a accommodation at this place call the ‘goldsmid house’ today.
It cost 86.80 pounds/wk, fully self-catered, centrally heated, fully carpeted with a wash basin in every room, 25 minutes walk from school. I was excited and quickly went online to search for you guys to give me your views and opinions. So Dad, Hailer, TY, Lao shi, thanks for your valuable viewpoints!

More than that, I was praying, GOD, where do you want me to go? To stay put at where I am, or move out to really throw myself into the deep blue sea, to cook for myself for all 3 meals?

It was really tough to arrive at a decision. Till the point I was about to toss the coin!

After my last lecture, I decided to take a walk down to the accommodation to check it out for myself. It was a long but exciting walk. The accommodation is sort of in the ‘Orchard road’ area of London at Oxford street. So there are lots and lots of shops at the area. I took 35 minutes for me to get down there at Sergeant Angus pace.


It requires a user card to get into the main building. And so I waited for someone to return and secretly crawl in before the doors closed. Man… I feel like a peeping tom. I went to check out the toilets, Kitchens, shower… and took a peep at the rooms that had their doors open. I took the pictures with my phone! But haiz can’t transfer. But let me give you a brief description of the place, you imagine it in your mind.

The whole place is = Old Changi Hospital.
Yes!!! It is super old…
The Corridor- Look exactly like Silent hill hospital.
The doors to the rooms are painted pale green…. Scary right? Yes it is.
The toilet- Even my BMTC toilet is better. It looks as if it went through war in 1960s
The Bathroom- Lagi best! All small white old tiles on the wall and floor. Looks exactly like what you would see a murder/haunted scene in a toilet. The shower head look as if hair/blood will start flowing out like darkwaters…
The Kitchen was a horror. Pots and saucers were thrown all over the place.
The nice thing about this hall is that, the interior actually looks quite nice. Spacious, comfy.

I went home to highlight my situation to Auntie Irene. She took out a calculator and helped me put things into perspective. In terms of physical cost as well as external costs. I really appreciated her help. Although she was the land-lady, I felt no pressure letting her know my problems in decision making with regards to accommodation as well as the delimmas that were going through my mind. This is something that I really appreciate, that I can speak freely without fear. It will definitely be a pain to be moving away from such nice people. Yes it’s only a week that we have met, but I already feel so bonded to them.

Ultimately, Aunty Irene helped me arrive at a decision. She encourage me to move out to experience and learn how to live independently, and if I really cannot take it outside, she says the door is always open for me to move back in.
Wah… Lao Pak Sai already… How can I say I’m not blessed? I’m richly blessed!

Later at night, I went to google ‘Goldsmid House’ and came across this girl who had a youtube video of goldsmid house. It looks very decent somehow… Perhaps she’s at level 4 which is newer, compared to the level 1 that I explored… You guys can check it out at the URL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK9FF_HloCQ

Ok so this is what I’ll do tomorrow. I’m gonna ask the residences office to show me the room that I’ll be occupying before I make my final final decision. My friends, pray together with me ok?

No comments: