Sunday, January 6, 2008

Day5

Woke up at 7.10am this morning, lying on bed, thinking of you guys in Singapore. Yes I still miss you all, very very much. I counted... 7+7= 1400hrs...
Yes.. Seth should be on the drums right now i suppose? and all of you must be in expo now...

Got washed up and went with Aunty Irene and Uncle Nam Sing to their church.
Emmanuel Evangelistic Church (ECC)



I arrived very early, just in time to see their 2 piece band did their sound check.
One piece keyboard and one piece drum.
A black lady was leading worship. Though she goes flat from time to time, I must say I had a refreshing time of worship.

The Pastor gave a 'New Year Message' and struck me with a little quote
'Growing old is inevitable, but growing up is a choice'
So just carry on wearing your baggy jeans and big tee shirts ok? I'm sure you'll grow up! Also, the way he preach his sermon, it was as if he was leading his church into a 'Year of Victory' I should have stood up and say to him 'Hey dude, its a year of Sabbath for me ok?' Well who knows? Maybe the Year of Victory for Angus Sham isn't over yet huh?

After service, I got a free lunch since I was a new comer to the church! Shioks
The church is packed with many asians. Got introduced to a few people, many who are Andrew's churchmate when he was here in London.

After all the mingling and mixing around, I took a walk down the Parliament house. My Jaw Literally drop when I saw the magnificent architecture of the building. It was just so majestic. It doesn't look so nice in the pictures, partly because of my poor photography skills, but you must really be here to see it yourself, its really extremely, super, duper, ultra, mega whatever beautiful! You just got to see it yourself. I believe people like Hailer, Eleta, TY, Joshua Teo will be busy snapping pictures here because its just too beautiful! For people who suffer from Asthma attacks, the preceding pictures may result in the relapse of your illness, please prepare your inhaler before you view the pictures.

Random shots I took outside the church building


Some appitizers before the Mother Of all






I asked an Ang-mo to help me snap a photo.
Its either he was bad at photography, or he anyhow shoot

Parliament



And Now its time for......



BIG BEN!!!!!!




Oopss...Sorry, not this Big Ben!


Ben Oh and I


River Thames




London Eye

Tried taking a picture of London Eye and Myself


Din turn out well.. better ask Ang Mo for help


Saw some HongKong people feeding the birds.
Are these King fishers? or are they charlie bird? CHARLIE BIRD!




Came across this memorial sort of thing that reads...


At a little corner, this flower thing caught my attention

It was by the Air force, probably recently in memory of these soldiers
On a piece of paper, it reads 'Lest we forget'

In the same way, Don't forget God's love for you. He battled to set you and I free. 'Lest we forget'

This picture is delicated to Edward

For the girls out there who wish to get into the good books of Edward the Rich, White handsome prince Bassist, the bare requirement is for you to dress yourself in similar prints to this car.

And the last picture is to share with you a good news.

My hair actually becomes straighter and softer in cold countries ok!

1 comment:

daniel&doris said...

Hi Angus, Pei Shan recommended this blog to me. She said u r e relief teacher in HGP with Jonathan. Didn't have a chance to talk to u personally in school so I tot it would be nice to say hi here. I'm very encouraged by your sharing about how u met ur fellow church mates in London. It reminded Daniel and I so much on how God led us all the way to Boston. Continue to testify on His great works!