Friday, January 18, 2008

Day 17

Thank God it’s Friday.

Hopped on to my Virgin ride on a London Bus this afternoon. 44minutes ride to Mansion House @ Queens Street, the place where all my scholarship money is stored- The one and only OCBC bank in United Kingdom

Picture taken on the bus

When I arrived at Mansion House, the first thing that greeted me was the Magnificent St Paul Church (Not open by my father though) It was so huge. Its sheer size cannot be captured by the humble camera, I will leave your imagination to do the job. But trust me, its really big!

At last…Queens Street

When I finally found OCBC, I wasn’t even ushered to a table that I could be served. The guy just did everything at the entrance door. ‘I’m sorry, there is nothing we could do for you because your account is a Singapore account. We are a private bank here in London and we do not deal with domestic transactions.’ Well done. But just for the sake of memory, I took a picture of the 4 letter word.

Since I’m already out of central London, I better make the best out of it. I saw a sign pointing towards London Bridge and followed the sign post. I saw a bridge ahead of me and went excited… as I drew nearer... I saw…

Lup Sup Bridge

But wait a second, as I go deep, LOOK FAR, and ask big, something caught my eye.
Look behind the Lup Sup Bridge. Did you see what I saw?

It looks like a long distance from where I was standing, the weather isn’t that good and I was alone, so I decided not to walk down today. Perhaps I’ll go down one day when the weather is better, and when I manage to get a ‘Fair Lady’ to go with me, so that I can sing ‘London bridge is falling down to her.’ Any fair ladies wanna accompany me? Gloria, Eleta, Sophie? Edward if you were a girl, you would be the best candidate. I’m sorry Charmaine, you don’t qualify.

So where am I suppose to go? I got stranded for awhile. From afar I caught the London Eye and so I walk along the river bank until I reach the Big Ben London eye area. These icons has been the landmark that keeps me running in central London.

Some interesting pictures along the way.
See I told you St Paul’s church is huge

Some bridge that I found look quite cool


Trees that resemble Mark Choong

And there was a Big BLACK spider. Is that a Black Widow Phebe?

This building is called the ‘TATE’ maybe TY can explain what that is because I have no idea

Beautiful trees, feels like Christmas


Came across this place that was full of Graffiti drawing. They look so nice. Some youths were skateboarding and doing all sorts of stunts under this little fly over. Not sure if you guys can see, if you can’t, then open your eyes.



And for the 101th time, the London Eye.


Went for an ‘Overseas Christian Fellowship’ at UCL building. Those who attended are all Asians, majority Singaporeans and Malaysians, about 30+ people from churches all over London. During the small group time, I went into a small little debate that got quite heated up with a few of them when talking about the issue of ‘Submission.’ Definitely not a very nice thing to happen on my first visit. Nevertheless, I joined them for supper at the end of the program and happen to sit on the same table as 2 PLMGS girls..
They were amazed on how well I knew the PL building and even more blown away by some of the names that I mentioned. Boy… they must have thought I was some Big flirt.

For those over at Singapore, blessed weekend yeah. And for the one thousandth time, I miss Singapore so so much
Picture delicated to TY

No comments: