Friday, February 15, 2008

Day 44

Dr. Chang (My Geography Lecturer back in NUS) introduced the NUS Geography exchange students based in different parts of London online.

And so, we all had a meet up on Valentine's day!
I wrote the address down as 'Stanford Street,' only to realise it was 'Stamford Street' upon my arrival. It was a 2hr30min walk altogether. Was close to foaming in my mouth when I finally reached the destination.

Walked past Tate Britain. An arty farty place. *Shots delicated to TY, hope you're not foaming in your mouth after your siong siong submission?

But well, food is up to make your day!
Can you roughly guess what is on the way???
Bak Chor Mee!! aka Mushroom minced pork noodle :P + Chinese stir fried eggs

Because there aren't any 'black mushrooms' over in the UK, we have to make do with the 'White mushroom' which is equally tasty as well.


Smiles of JOY



Poster on one of their room doors. If I continue my chocolate and Coke binge-ing, I might be able to enter soon.

On the way to our next destination after lunch, I picked up £5 on the road!!! Money drop from the sky. That is SGD$15!! A Hongbao from heaven.

After lunch, I was brought to 'Borough market.' A Local English market that sells fruit, meat, fish, spices... you get the idea. And boy was there many interesting things to see

I have no idea what that is. 'Romanesco.' Perhaps some family vegetable of Brocooli and Cauliflower?

For those of you who (like me) think that Cauliflower just comes with the stalk, it does have green leaves surrounding it

Anyone wants to order flowers shipped from the UK?

So many choices of Jam. How to choose?

Melted cheeese bread sure looks and smells nice!

Pictures of mild brutality

The preceding pictures contain shots of bloodshed, pain and gore. Scroll down at your own risk!
Wild Game. (I'm sorry Eleta)

And Chenna Lao Shi as well


In order for one to survive, one must sacrifice.
So... we sacrfice the Hare/Rabbit for fresh carrots!!!
Melissa (NUS Geography Major in King's College London)

I have never seen such a BIG chilli in my life

Chocolates

And I took the £5 and chia-ed everyone 'Turkish delights' - The candy that the white witch used to 'buy' the little Boy in 'Chronicles of Narnia.' It's a marsh mallow looking candy that is much much harder coated with different flavours of sugar. I don't fancy it though.

Global Live Seafood (UK)


Shot delicated to Charlie Bird. Charles! Who is this guy?


The Geography Enthu-s

Saw a vintage-looking bus on my way home

When I arrive back at hall, I was suprised to see a note sticking on my door.
A Love note?


It reads 'Dear Mr Angus, Can I use your computer at 5.30pm? So sorry to trouble you time and again. And thanks for your favor!' - Peggy

Peggy's laptop broke down a few days ago. And here she is on my laptop ready to open her Valentine's Day present together with her Boyfriend in California over skype!
So to spare myself from dying of diabetes in listening to their sweet conversation over skype, I left her my keys and went out to do my grocery shopping.

Expenses for the day: £16.75

Exotic stuff (Maybe to you guys its like CHey...)




Decided to give myself a treat on some organic 100% natural apple juice £2.50
My rich storage of food. Oh I pray there won't be any rats

And I had a good time chatting with Ah Lau. Its weird, I feel so sad that you're flying back to Aussie even though I'm here in the UK. Well, take care of yourself and we shall start settling again in July yeah balls?

And to all you guys in Singapore. Attached, Married or Singles,
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: